Thursday, April 17, 2014

Vacation's Coming!

A few quick things before vacation.

It snowed and I do mean snowed hard on Tuesday night.  First though it poured and the river was raging.  Lake Champlain has reached flood stage but nothing like a couple of years ago.


Before the heavy rain came and then the snow I got a great bike ride in a on a very windy day on my beloved bike path. Can you say bliss?


Today was my first after work run outside. I only went 6 miles but it was a great one. Still cold but good for running.  I am so ready for vacation and some warmer weather.



Saturday morning I leave bright and early for Virginia and a week of biking!  I CANNOT WAIT!

Last weekend - thankfully I didn't know about it until after .........Jaxon got caught on an ice drift. It was right next to shore but he wouldn't jump off it.  It moved quickly and Jameson realized he had to go after him.  Look at the ice in that water!  When he got there and got on the ice Jaxon wanted to play.  I saw more pictures than in this frame and it was unreal how far the ice had drifted.  Jameson said he had a hard time getting out of the water when he got to shore.  Scary scary scary.






9 comments:

Amy said...

OMG - that is really scary. That water must have been so cold. So glad nothing terrible happened.

Fran said...

Wow that was scary! Thank goodness both of them are okay.

Hope you have a great and warm vacation. Enjoy yourself.

Darlene said...

enjoy your week off. hope you have good weather.

EB said...

So scary! I am glad that both of them are ok. Enjoy your vacation!

Teamarcia said...

That last pic is precious. But holy hell what a scare. Enjoy your vacay!

Kate Geisen said...

Very scary stuff. Glad they were both ok.

So excited for you and your vacation! I'm really looking forward to seeing your pictures and hearing lots about it!

Char said...

Oh my goodness - that water would have been freezing. But I know why Jameson risked life and limb. I'd have done the same for Toby.

Half Crazed Runner said...

Very scary! Glad you are all safe! Love the baby-dog pic!

Giorgio said...

I am sure that you enjoyed the bike ride in spite of those windy weather conditions. Nice picture of your dog.