Thursday, April 3, 2014

Don't Register For A Race If I Do

Third time since March 15.


Hi Everyone,
We are sorry to report that the 2014 MSD 5K Fun Run for Hunger is canceled and will not be re-scheduled.  The course is considered unsafe because of lingering snow and ice. However, we hope you will return in the spring of 2015. Since hunger in Vermont is a very real situation, we hope you will still consider supporting the Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf. If you wish to make a donation, please email us and we will make sure that your registration fee is donated to the Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf. Otherwise, your registration fee will be returned once we receive your USPS mailing address. If you have any questions, please contact us.
On behalf of the MSD Program, thank you.

13 comments:

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Seriously? I think race directors in the area need to be reminded where you live. That is crazy!

Kate Geisen said...

Booooooo

Teamarcia said...

Wow. Lingering snow and ice. That's nuts. The universe seems to be trying to tell you something.

Char said...

That sucks. I think you need to start picking races in warmer areas. Brisbane would fit the bill nicely.

Amy said...

Noooooooo!!!!

Johann said...

That is really not funny! I've had a few of those due to sponsor withdrawals and also bad weather and unsafe conditions. But to have as many as you in a short time is just crazy!

Kandi said...

So crazy!!

Liz said...

Not again! Hope you're not too disappointed and you manage to find an alternative.

EB said...

Huge bummer! I can't believe it happened again! I kind of want to set up a race just for you!

Michael said...

Man you've had some bad luck! I think it's time for you to move somewhere warm :)

Darlene said...

I can't imagine. I've never had a race cancelled.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I see in your sidebar that May 4 is your next race. Sounds like a good date for a race without snow and ice!

Laurie said...

I agree with what someone said earlier, the race directors should take into consideration the time of year and weather for that time of year. Sorry you didn't get to race.