Sunday, February 16, 2014

Maine- Absolutely The Way Life Should Be

It's no secret that I love Maine.  I get over here at least a few times a year.  I come a lot during the off season as it can be a bit nuts in the summer.  Since I love winter it is no hardship to be here in the winter.  I find it very exciting during a storm and love seeing the beach with snow and ice.

Yesterday I drove to Burlington, Ma and met my college roommate for lunch and a little shopping.  I   wanted to go to an Athleta. I could have bought one of everything but only bought two things.  I feel like their prices have increased to rival LuLuLemons.  Oh well, it is nice stuff.  When we came out of the mall it was already snowing and a storm was predicted so I headed north.  I got off the interstate in Hampton Beach and drove up 1A.  Love, love, love driving along the coast.
I got out of my car along the main strip to at least get one picture.  I am finding it hard to get some photos as with all the snow it is hard to get close!

When I got to York I drove to the lighthouse before checking in.  It was dark and windy and cold and really kind of scary listening to the foghorn up there!  I didn't hang around too long as I was imagining my car being swept into the ocean and no AJH being around any more.  





The tree is a Valentine Tree near the lighthouse.  There is a lobster on top and as Char says it just screams romance.  The snow is on our third floor hotel deck (from the roof).


This morning I got up and headed out for a run in spite of the howling wind.  It was my second great run this week.  It wasn't so cold I couldn't stand it, not with the sound of the ocean in my ears and the beautiful blue sky and bright sun.  Loved it, loved it, loved it!  




I love the look of the beach with snow on it.  There was lots of ice on the beach but I had on my Yak Trax so no problem!



Getting down to the beach - twice - was a bit hazardous. I clung to the railing remembering my fall from a few years ago when I really hurt my ribs.  Then I got on my butt to go across the rocks like the old lady I am remembering my sprained ankle from last year.  But it was worth it to run on the packed sand next to the water.



I ran by Nubble Light and it was much less scary today.  Then I went back down to the beach before finishing my run.


I've had two amazing meals today.  I could just post previous pictures from visits to the Maine Diner as I always get the same thing. All days in Maine should include lobster in some form.



Yep, Maine.....The Way Life Should Be.





8 comments:

christa said...

Beautiful pictures! I have never been in the winter. I think we are going to have to go this spring. I can't wait until October. Here's my secret, I don't like lobster, but I love Maine, that's ok right?

Teamarcia said...

Looks so fantastic. When we went to Maine a couple of years ago so many people asked me why we'd ever go there. Clearly they have no idea. Glad you're enjoying!

Darlene said...

your pics make me want to go. I used go in the summer but haven't been in years. and never in the winter.

Char said...

Seeing snow on a beach does my head in. Beaches are always hot and sunny, aren't they? I'm glad you made it to the sand safely - I remember the great fall of 2012 (not sure if that was the exact year) and as spectacular as it was, I don't want to see a repeat.

..:danielle:.. said...

yay maine!!

Unknown said...

You put it this way makes the cold weather in Maine amazing!

Laurie said...

Loved your pics....and lunch looked yummy!

Fran said...

I'm starting to love Maine too although I never have been there. But I was lucky to "come with you" in your posts the past years. I can totally see why you love it so much.