Thursday, July 25, 2013

Do I Wear A Wet Suit?

Help Help Help!

Wet suits are illegal at my tri on Saturday!  I have never been in a tri without one. It is  my security blanket.

If I wear one I can't qualify for an award.  Last year my first tri - this one- I was 4th in my age group.  (being old does that).  There was no one in the 60 - 64 age group which I think I'm in although who knows.  They have me listed at 58 in the results last year, not the 59 I would be in that calendar year.

So I guess it is not impossible I would win an award although by no means a definite.

It is a 500 yard swim. The one I did a few weeks ago was 600 yards so this is a bit shorter.

Wet suits help me with buoyancy and confidence.

Thoughts?

And goals while I'm on this thought is to beat my overall time from last year with also improving some other times.  I HAVE to do better in transition 1. I think I was next to last  overall with that.  Left my timing chip on the towel. Brilliant.

Jameson is going with me so I know I'll have fun!


10 comments:

Char said...

I'd go without because I'd kick myself if I missed out on an age group placing because I'd worn the thing. But I'm a runner so you're welcome to disregard any advice offered by me because I don't know what I'm talking about.

Kate Geisen said...

Go without! You can swim this distance, you do it in practice in the pool. It'll be such an empowering feeling once you're out of the water!

Johann said...

Agree with Kate and Char. You can do this without the suit. You've come a long way since your first tri. Go get that award!

christa said...

No suit! You can do it. I'll see you Sunday in Killington!

Laurie said...

I agree, go without. You don't want to be wanted by those famous words....what if. Good luck!

Laurie said...

**haunted...typo in previous comment. Sorry.

EB said...

Without! Give it a try and that way if you place you can still get the award. Plus, you might decide without isnt that bad!

Darlene said...

I know nothing about swimming and wetsuits but I know you, I think, and you will do it without. See you Sunday.

Giorgio said...

Of course, you can do this without the suit. Good luck!


Ransick said...

Go without. It is a little intimidating the first time but it's only 500 yards and you can always tread water if you need to. Plus it will speed up T1. Good luck!