Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Jaxon Christmas

It's finally snowed here in Vermont and my last three runs have all involved snow!  How wonderful was it to wake up today to a picture postcard image of Christmas right outside my window!  I hope you all had the Christmas weather you were hoping for. (I know not everyone wants snow.)


Last weekend I actually wore my Yak Trax. When I first got going I thought maybe I had been overly cautious but it was slippery and they kept me from falling. I am a little more nervous now that a broken bone and I have become much too close.  I must say my wrist really hasn't healed quite the way I hoped.  Then yesterday I fell in the slippery snow when we were making our Christmas deliveries and what do I use to catch myself but my wrist. I was kind of grumpy which seems to be what I do when I fall and hurt myself. I am embarrassed (stupid) and just want to remove myself from the situation.

Back to running. Well exercising. At least twice a week I am hopping on my bike trainer and although I no longer encounter beautiful views as I MOVE ALONG it isn't terrible outside the window if it is daylight.  I kind of like riding on it in the early morning before work. I also like the ease of answering the phone, using my own bathroom, having anything I need close by.  These are all things I am not used to as I always leave to work out.


These pictures are all before our official run. Jaxon is
out trying out the snow and his new LED light!

I got to run with Emily a bit yesterday and today and Jameson also today.  Yesterday was gorgeous. I was dressed to run at 8 and ended up running about 1:00!  I did  a little last minute Christmas shopping instead and went to Middlebury with Emily. When we got back Jameson and Jaxon had come!  Jaxon is so much bigger than he was last year on Christmas and the cats make him much more nervous now.
Yes this is the best holiday dog shot ever.  He 
was part of a door decorating contest.

 As he does them.  Last night we had 3 yellow cats sleeping with us and there was hardly room to turn over.  I think they were thrilled when Jaxon went for a run with us. Jaxon was also thrilled unlike the time he refused to go with me. Jameson let him be off leash and he couldn't have been happier!  At least I think that is what the flying through the snow with the ears flying high means.
I know I LOVE running in the snow and it helps me get back some of the joy of running I seem to have misplaced.
Cutest dog ever!


I was behind the whole way!



I kept going and came up along the river a different way.

Then I played some with Jax when I got home.


Which tired him out at least for a little while.

So this was the Jaxon edition of our Christmas I guess!  I'll post some of my fun gifts later. I got some great bike things whereas last year was the swim year.  I hope everyone had a wonderful day!



11 comments:

Jill said...

A white Christmas in Vermont, running with family, and one tired pooch....what a perfect Christmas! Merry one to you!!

Char said...

How much does Jax love the snow?!! They're such joyful pictures.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous. Absolutely fabulous!

christa said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Merry Christmas (day after)

Kandi said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! I love the pics of Jaxon jumping in the snow. Nova got to see her first snow but we only got an inch or so. I ran in the snow/sleet this morning. I don't have yak traks but luckily it wasn't too slippery outside.

Ransick said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Looks like you had a fantastic day.

Fran said...

I can never get enough of Jaxon. Don't you love it how much dogs love snow? We had a wet Christmas this year.

Giorgio said...

Those weather conditions are perfect for Christmas :) I'd like to run on a path covered with snow!

Anne said...

Such a cute dog. He's definitely an important part of the family :)I'm glad you're doing well and enjoying your holidays!! Good job maintaining your training.

RunToTheFinish said...

I love busting out gear i haven't used in awhile so heck yes I'd have been like wohoo snow... though in miami that might have meant the rest of the country was completely under a blizzard :)

Lindsay said...

So beautiful! I love snow, but since we are so ill-prepared here it shuts everything down, which isn't fun. Jax is cute as always!