All these pictures are from my bike commute yesterday
except the last two which I took today.
1. First I don't think the boar from my last post was wild. I think a family owned it as it was in a yard both times I saw it. Do people let boars run wild? Will they stay put in one place? I did find out on line that Vermont has some wild boars.
Heading up along the river
2. A book I read last week is really staying with me. My mind goes back to the story over and over even though it was fiction. I looked to see if the author had written anything else as it was an old book but it doesn't appear she has.
3. I managed to swim in the morning and bike on Monday after school. I had to go to Middlebury which is always a good place to bike. I had packed both running and biking clothes as I didn't know if the rain would have let up enough to ride but it was great weather for riding. Once again a bike ride was a great stress reliever and helped me end my day in a happy place.
There are now horses on our land - look closely
4. I have gotten up early both Tuesday and today to run and plan to repeat it tomorrow. I always say I don't get up early easily but I needed to front load my workouts. I am going away for the weekend to cheer and support Emily in her first 50 Miler so I will not have time for work outs of my own. I have two more runs to fit in and then I plan to be off my work out schedule and on Ems.
The view from our front porch
5. I did doubles three days in a row.
The horses come trotting up as I get out my bike. They must
think I have some food.
6. I took lots of pictures on my bike commute yesterday and a few more today. It wasn't sunny but it was still very pretty.
By the time I got home it was quite foggy.
7. For a rainy week I have managed to have rain free rides.
8. I'm not sure how I feel about running in the dark. I don't need sun screen. You meet people but don't have a clue who you are seeing. Yesterday I fell - brilliant - no harm done. I love scenery and running in a village in the dark does not provide it. I don't think this will become a regular thing but it's nice to know I can fit it in this way when I need to.
9. I miss swimming when I am only doing it once a week.
10. An early morning workout is best followed by pumpkin spice coffee.