I got this from MCM Mama. If you haven't done it join in.
I love running in a snow storm.
1. Best run ever:This is a tough one. I would have an easier time choosing a best race ever. I'm sure it's a run that I did on a vacation such as running around Stanley Park in Vancouver or one of my many runs on the beach in the Outer Banks. One of my best runs ever was during a race because it was the first time I ever ran! I was shocked and thrilled that I could do the distance. So I'm not really answering the question other than to say I have had lots of good runs.
After all that I am choosing a run I do often near my home BUT I don't get to do it very often in the middle of a terrific snowstorm on a snow day from school. Last winter I didn't get to do any of these runs (no snow) but I LOVED this run on a very snowy day. It was the snow, the storm and me out there! Nothing better.
If I didn't race I am not positive I would keep running.
2. Three words that describe my running: Stress reliever, race preparing, life affirming (looks like 6 words but 3 groups.....)
3. My go-to running outfit is: seasonal - tech shirt, shorts or capris, running hat
I am even doing it while running in a wet suit.
4. Quirky habit while running: I hold my thumbs up like I'm hitch hiking. I have noticed this in pictures far too many times but never seem to think to not do it while running!
5. Morning, midday, evening: I greatly prefer morning although when I am working this rarely happens.
6. I won’t run outside when it’s: lightning. I will run in almost any weather. The worst weather I have run in was a northeaster and I realized it was incredibly stupid as trees, power lines etc. could have blown down on me. I don't run in the dark near home but will drive to a place with street lights to run.
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: My two run stopping injuries have been my piriformis and plantar fasciitis. I haven't had problems from my piriformis in a long time and this weekend driving back from New York it hurt! Yikes. I do think stretching have helped both and I haven't been doing that lately. Yikes! But these injuries got me biking and then swimming so it is all great!
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: I crewed for Emily at the Can 50 this last weekend!
9. Next race is: this weekend in Half Moon New York -a duathlon where I get to race on my bike again this year!
10. Potential running goal for 2013: Last year was the big goal of doing a triathlon. I don't have a new goal like that but I want to do more and more and more triathlons and go back and do some of the same ones and improve my times. I want to stick to sprint distances but maybe choose some with a bit of a longer swim. And then maybe not. Is this a running goal? I want to continue to race and enjoy it but my focus will once again be triathlons.
Any race that lets me race on my bike is a good race.