1. In case you missed it the lovely pumpkin picture that ended my last post was for Hurricane Irene that destroyed Vermont. It was not for some guy's wife, girlfriend, mother etc.!
2. I commuted by bike this week on two of the most gorgeous fall days imaginable. I finally saw some of those brilliant reds. I think taking pictures for this blog has made me more observant and appreciative of what I am seeing when I bike and run. Both mornings when I rode it was rather cold on the way to work and quite hot on the way home. It simply meant I had more to carry in my back pack on the way home. Today when I drove home from work it was the prettiest it has been but I didn't have my camera with me. This weekend is supposed to be rainy. Boo!
3. This morning I got my one day of swimming in. I went early before school and loved it. What a great way to start the day. But man do I suck at swimming. I mostly do the breast stroke - slowly. I did a couple of laps of free stroke - don't think that is quite what it is called but best I can come up with right now - and I thought I might drown. That is supposed to be faster but don't feel like it is right now (maybe ever). But I guess if I keep at it I have to improve at least some. I would like to find a stroke class for adult beginners. And of course as I put this time in I am thinking about perhaps a tri in the early summer when there are sprints around. So then I think - good God what do I wear? Anything I wear swimming is not going to support me running. I don't see me stripping on the beach and changing. I don't want to buy stuff for one tri I may hate. Do I spend money to come in last? Obviously I have a lot of time to find this stuff out but I have to think about something while I swim. When I left I stopped and got pumpkin spice coffee to take to work. It is the earliest I get to work all week. Love it.
I did laugh because later in the day a student sitting near me said he could smell chlorine. Really? I showered. I put on lotion. I used shampoo and he still smells chlorine??? He has quite the nose.
4. Our NECAP testing is done (No child left behind) and none of my students were absent at all so no make up tests. Yeah!
5. Tomorrow is Friday. Always good news.