- A lot of this post is going to be about swimming and I have no pictures of me swimming. That is only a good thing. So enjoy the foliage shots of Vermont I got on Facebook.
- I realize that I have a job when I swim and I do that job well. My job is to make everyone else in the pool feel good about their swimming technique.
- I suck at swimming. Sometimes people put down how they do in a certain area but it's not true. Believe me this is true!
- I can do the yards in a pool as long as I am doing the breaststroke. Someone implied that if I tried to do a tri using the breast stroke I would embarrass my Ironman daughter. While I don't think that's true I do think it would be a good thing for me to be able to do a faster stroke. So I am listening to the advice.
- At least it is supposed to be faster. When I do the free style I am very slow. I can barely make it to the end of the lane and feel my body being pulled to the bottom of the pool. Gravity is not my friend.
- Rhythmic breathing? What's that? But I did buy a pair of goggles yesterday in case I ever figure it out.
- I need help. I suck at swimming.
- I enjoy it. Not like I love biking. But I do like the feeling I have after -similar to running.
- I swam twice this week. The last three times I have been I have increased the number of laps I do the freestyle in. First I did 1. Then I did 2. Saturday I did 4. Progress. But I always made sure I was swimming away from everyone so they didn't have as direct a view. At least that is what I tell myself.
- I shared a lane yesterday because the pool was crowded. The poor guy who was in my lane probably wondered at my style.
- I plan to try to do two laps in a row of free style. I am hoping I don't drown. I get why they tell you not to swim alone.
- Two whole laps in a row, maybe. How long until summer and a new tri season? Maybe I should shoot for 2013. I can't believe I asked about clothing. That is the least of my problems.
Sunday I biked. It wasn't sunny but it wasn't raining. I did bike by this scene below but I actually got this photo on Facebook taken by someone with more time and a better camera.
- All of our fall weekends have been rather dismal and rainy except last weekend when I left the state.
- It has been more than 3 weeks since I ran if you don't count the race last Sunday.
- You know you are missing it when it is raining and you enjoy the dash from the car to the place you are going.
Here are a few pics from my ride today.
More Irene damage - I hadn't been this way in awhile.
I had to stop here and wait for a tree to be cut down.
It made quite an impressive noise as it was falling but
it did not end up in the road.