Thursday, April 14, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. Three good mid week runs.  The first one was slow but beautiful - a gorgeous day running by the raging river.  The next day was at the gym on the TM and I had a great run. Then today I decided to go out again even though it was cloudy and a two layer day. I had another great run at a very decent pace.  Not too bad post half marathon!



2. Sunday I race again but this time a 5K in Boston!  I was thinking about my goals when I realized that even if I have raced 5 times this year, none of have been a 5K.  I did a 3 miler (New York), a half (New Hampshire), a 4 miler (New York), an 8K (DC) and a half (VT).  Now I head to Mass. to race in a 5K. I have a feeling this race will be very crowded.  Does the chip start when we cross the start?  I would like to beat my fastest pace this year (9:12 from the 4 miler) but don't know if that will happen.  I as always want to have my heal stay happy. I so love racing and I am thrilled to be racing a fair amount this year. I want to be able to continue as races absolutely rock my world.

3. I hope to meet some bloggy friends in Boston!  I realize that it is a super busy weekend and will just be grateful to meet whomever I am able to.  My main focus will be on my favorite blogger and racer!  Good thing we are  on school vacation next week as I might return voiceless. Last year I had to go to school with a cow bell blister from so much ringing!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE BOSTON RUNNERS! I'LL BE CHEERING FOR YOU!

18 comments:

Marlene said...

Have a wonderful time in Boston! I ran the 5K a couple years aho in its inaugural year. Loved it, but VERY crowded for a 5K. Yep, your chip time is start mat to finish mat. Good luck! Give Em some extra cheers for me!!

Richelle said...

I ran the B.A.A. 5K last year and it's a fun race, but Marlene is right: it is crowded. I ran a 27:43, not too bad considering the number of people there and the fact that I caught a cold while in Boston. I think I had positioned myself somewhere in the middle of the start corral, but maybe I was closer to the front. I don't remember if they had those pace signs at the start or not.

Yes, the chip starts when you cross the start.

Good luck to both you and Emily! I can't wait to read your race reports!

Alyssa said...

Have so much fun in Boston, and good luck!!! :) :) :)

Liz said...

Good luck to Emily, and have a great weekend yourself! Hope you don't get anymore supporters' injuries...

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Good luck at your Boston 5K!!! Maybe we'll see you cross the finish! Have a great time!

Ewa said...

What a great time to visit Boston. Have tons of fun at the race and on the town. This is one of my all time favorite cities.

Anne said...

Have a great time in Boston! Go Emily :)

BTW...That guy behind you in the race photo looks like he's checking out your butt ;) :)

HappyTrails said...

Have a blast in Boston AJH - cheer your head off for your girl!!!!!

Johann said...

You did some good runs and it seems between training and racing you are now completely injury free. That is really great! Enjoy Boston and the 5k. I have a feeling you are right about it being crowded.

Fran said...

Have fun Andrea and good luck on your 5K!

Here in Holland the we always have two times: first is when the race starts and second is when from crossing start to finish. My guess would be your time will be starting to count once you cross the start line.

Anonymous said...

What a great sounding week! Good luck in Boston! I've never been, but I'm sure it'll be a memorable experience. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Have a great 5k, hopefully Emily will take loads of pics! You've been killing your expected times/paces lately, so my feeling is you will ROCK that 5k!

Have fun in Boston, I love the idea of running the 5k and then getting to watch the marathoners Monday! Go Emily, she's lucky to have such a fun mom!

Black Knight said...

Beautiful running pictures. Have a great time in Boston. I hope that the chip at the start will work. One month ago, trusting the chip, I began the race with the last pack.... and the chip was off at the start, I got very angry.
However the official time is your time!!!!

Darlene said...

Have a great weekend! GL on your 5k and GL to Emily (although she won't need it!)

Chris K said...

Oh, I hope you get to meet some cool folks in Boston too. I have still never done a 5K. Good luck. And thank you for the very kind comments on my blog regarding my friendship with my daughter's step Dad.

LookingUpAgain said...

Good luck with your 5K! I have a 10K tomorrow. My first! All those Boston runners will run much faster knowing that you're cheering for them :)

Giorgio said...

Hope you'll enjoy your run in Boston! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Woot Woot! I heard best time of the year!! Way to go!!! :)