- I did ride my bike on Wednesday which turned out to be a beautiful day. There was not even a hint of thunder or rain either way. Communities around us are reeling from some recent flooding though. We got 5/8 of an inch yesterday whereas communities quite close by got over 3 inches. There were several schools closed for flooding, some for more than one day.
- I am tired after doing 4 days in a row of biking and running. Wed. morning my run was rather slow. Usually if I am running quite early I do well but I just didn't have it in me. The same thing happened on the ride home from work. Good time to wind it down.
A few shots from local flooding
- Today it was rather relaxing to sleep a tad later and take my time knowing that I was driving to school. I got out to my car which apparently was feeling neglected as it took SEVERAL ATTEMPTS to get it started. I hadn't used it in days and it was rather angry. Once I did get to school the skies opened up and I was soaked when I got in the building. The same thing happened as I left the gym tonight. It had been clear and sunny and all of a sudden it was a downpour. Good decision not to ride the bike. The river was scarily high and crazy on the way home. I was even a little nervous driving near it.
- Here is another good reason I paid attention to the weather forecast (as so many of you kindly advised me.)
- RICHMOND, Vt. -- Authorities say lightning struck a northern Vermont man during thunderstorms that also cut power to 4,000 people and flooded some streets and streams.Richmond Rescue Lt. Andy Squires confirmed to the Burlington Free Press that the man was hit Tuesday night in Richmond but said medical privacy laws prevent him from giving further details. Fletcher Allen Health Care spokesman Mike Noble said the man's injuries are minor.
- On another note I have now finished all six seasons of Lost. Whew. That took awhile. I absolutely liked the first 3 seasons the best. I still choose Sawyer or Hugo as my favorite characters although there were many characters I liked. I have now started watching Modern Family on my son's recommendation. I have to say I have only seen one episode but it was laugh out loud funny even early in the morning while stretching!
- I am reading another book by Penny Vincenzi. Love her books. They are long and keep me interested and I discovered her after she had already written many books so it was a lot of good reading to catch up on.