1. Ohhh! This is my friend's daughter's new baby! Isn't he precious! Emily and I went to visit them before she went back to D.C. He was a healthy 8 pounds when he was born and is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen. Of course he doesn't begin to compare to the cuteness of Emily and Jameson
Emily and I on an early morning run before visiting
the cute cute baby above!
2. Racing/running - I have found a race to do in January plus I am going to do Adam's virtual race this Saturday. So January should be covered! I have been going to the gym this week and it hasn't all been bad. I am amazed at the miles that some of you crank out on the treadmill. Five seems to be about my limit. Give me the cold weather over the treadmill any day. So why do I use the gym? Well, I have this odd thing where I don't mind the cold at all first thing in the morning (before I am awake? before I have thought about it? who knows?) but I don't like it later in the day when I have thought about and experienced how cold it is! Plus I am a big don't run in the dark wuss and this time of year that is a problem after work!
Don't you love snow covered mountains (even
the small ones and a blue sky!)
3. I love winter. Today when I was teaching I stopped mid lesson to exclaim over the beauty of the falling snow with the sun peeking through! It was just gorgeous! There is nothing as pretty as falling snow! Nothing!
4. One of my students let me know that his mother's friend has studded tires on her bike and is STILL commuting to work. I asked him how far and he thought 10 miles one way. I told him she had my deepest admiration. I think I have dropped down as the fitness queen in this student's eyes!
5. Don't forget my giveaway! If you ever come visit me in the winter to see the beautiful falling snow you will need some warm socks!