- Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award. CHECK
- Share 7 things about yourself Check
- Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers so we can share the love Consider yourself tagged if you want to do this and haven't! Check
- Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won See above - check
Here goes with my 7 things.
1. I love winter. I keep reading about people who hate the snow and the cold. That is not me at all. I love it and hate that states south of Vermont are getting so much more snow. Today I read in the paper about the anti cruise that goes to Norway, the Arctic Circle......you get the picture. That is a cruise that appeals to me, not so much the tropical ones.
2. I hate snakes. Hate them! Despise them! Feel they have no use on Earth. (Yeah I know they do but I don't care.) So living in Vermont where we don't have snakes a good deal of the year is only a good thing. Those big giant poisonous ones - don't have those either! Bring on the cold!
3. I love to read. I don't get it when people say they don't have time to read. I have always had time to read. I reread my favorite books. Amazon is one of my favorite sites and I don't mind buying books second hand at all. At this point I have no desire for a Kindle but that could change!
4. Am I only on 4? What else can I tell? I love racing and would not want to run if I couldn't race. I don't get nervous before races and if I could stay injury free I would race a ton more. When I retire there will be some destination races in my future! Starting in Ireland. Why am I not bloggy friends with anyone from Ireland?
5. I'm a teacher and have been for many many years. I have taught in 3 schools. The first one was far North in Canada and I loved it there. (see #1) The next two have been in Vermont. I actually now teach in the school I attended and that my mother taught at. I love it. My mother died many years ago and it is a nice connection with her life. Someone at work just emailed me a class picture she was in the other day when they were looking through old pics. It made my day.
6. I eat most of my calories for the day in the evening. (This is fascinating stuff isn't it?) It keeps me from eating too much if I know there is MORE coming!
7. I love the ocean. I feel fortunate that I live close enough that I can get there a few times a year. But having said that I love my mountains more. I feel like I live in the perfect place so perhaps I should have just said: I love Vermont!