1. Triathlons are just plain tremendously, fantastic fun.
2. I have not been injured since I started doing triathlons after spending part of each year "out" for a few years in a row.
3. They build your confidence as you race in a discipline you're not good at or comfortable in.
4. They get you out of your comfort zone as you attempt that new sport you would ordinarily never race in.
5. They get you out of your comfort zone as you swim in open water that is stressful for so many reasons. (maybe I'm not making this sound like fun)
6. There are so many stats when you are done. If you aren't happy with your swim time, maybe you are thrilled with your bike. Maybe you improved your transition. Something in all those stats is bound to make you happy with it's improvement. I love this!
7. I would never enter a bike race yet I love bike racing. Triathlons give me a chance to do it.
8. You can say, "Of course, my run wasn't fast. I had already swum and biked."
9. Triathletes are very friendly and it's a chance to meet even more new people. I almost always make new friends before the swim as I seek to calm my nerves. I have certainly discovered I am not the only one out there who is not confident in all 3 sports.
10. And it's worth repeating. Triathlons are just plain tremendously, fantastic fun.