Got it covered.....more than covered. It's going very well! Still been on the treadmill. But my pace is great and I feel like I could run forever. Of course that is easy to say when my long run last week was 5 miles! But I am pleased that running is going well although I want to be careful and not run so much I get injured with a running injury!! I do not want that to happen!
I have been swimming the last two mornings. I can't say I've been doing a lot to help my tri skills but I.AM.IN.THE.WATER. I have mostly been doing the breast stroke as that feels the best. I am aware of my wrist but it doesn't hurt. It feels like it is good therapy for it. Today I did the free style a bit more. Yesterday it definitely hurt to do it. Today not so much although I was still pretty cautious. Truthfully it hurt the most when I had taken off my splint and I was putting my bathing cap on! I have found that wrapping a towel around oneself is pretty awkward with a hand that doesn't work well. Ouch.
TBD. I do want to bike before my next ortho appt. but not yet. I am leaving for Maine tomorrow and ordinarily would be chomping at the bit to take my bike. But not this trip. Although not taking MY bike didn't prevent the mishap on the last trip this time it should because I'm not ready or wanting to bike yet. Yeah, I'll get back in the saddle again, just not yet. Maybe Sunday.
To say that missing and then watching the triathlon on Sunday whet my appetite to do a tri is an understatement. I have been scouring the internet obessively looking for a tri that works for me to do before the end of August, maybe hopefully at the end of July.
Most important criteria:
- close enough to drive and get my bike to
- swim 1/3 mile or less
- swim NOT in the ocean
- sprint distance
- swim, bike, run order ( I found one that met all of the above but went run, swim, bike. That seems nuts. The time putting on the wet suit would count against you. Maybe no one wears a wet suit?? Whatever... I didn't put it on my list of potentials.)
- I can find a triathlon that meets these criteria
- I get back on the bike and it feels fine
- I can eventually put some "speed" into the swimming and biking
- I have enough time to do some training
The August triathlon may not be my FIRST tri!