1. I lost a follower on the day of the breaking elephants post. It certainly wasn't about running but was it that bad?
2. Sunday I ran on our coldest day yet. It was 4 degrees and my face was mighty cold. I'm just not used to it yet and I was happy to do only "8" miles rather than the maybe 10 I had in my head.
3. I had told my students about the first broken elephant last week. I updated them on Monday and I'm sure they were impressed with my coordination and brains. They probably went home and told the story and there are parents calling the principal as I write this to switch their children to another classroom.
4. I have a very sweet foster grandmother (from the foster grandparent program) who volunteers in my classroom 3 times a week. I could hear her laughing heartedly as I was telling the story. Perhaps she isn't so sweet.
5. Okay, I'm moving on past the elephants.
6. I registered for a race on January 1 to start out 2012 the right way!
7. I stayed home sick one day this week. Hate feeling lousy especially now when I have so much to do.
8. These days the series I am watching is NCIS. It's a good one.
9. I'm rereading Jodi Picoult's Vanishing Acts. Also good.
10. The day I was home sick I played a lot of Words with Friends. I responded almost immediately each time my phone binged. Today I'm already way behind again.
11. Tomorrow (Thursday) is the last day of work before vacation. All teachers should get triple pay on the last day of work before vacation even though it is a fair thing to say there won't be a whole lot of learning going on.
12. I swam today since I missed it Tuesday. I didn't feel great but if I can get to work I can do something I enjoy too. So I went swimming and I went to my staff party. In fact I was one of the last to leave my staff party.
13. Enjoy these last days before Christmas and have a great holiday!
8 hours ago